This charter sets out the standards you can expect from Brightpurpose Ltd. when we hold personal information about you, and how you can access your personal data.
Personal information is any information which can be used to identify you as an individual. It does not include information on organisations.
When we use your personal information we will go further than the letter of the law ( the Data Protection Act 1998 ) and adopt good practice standards.
We need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services or work with you. This is how we look after your information:
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it;
- to only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- to protect it and make sure no nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no;
- to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address. This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information;
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- how to make a complaint.
For more information, please contact:
The Director responsible for Information Management
Brightpurpose Consulting Ltd
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact
The Information Commissioner,
Tel 08456 306060 or 01625 545745.
Brightpurpose Consulting is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – our registration number is :- Z1905259
We believe evaluation is a driver of excellent delivery, and that it needn't be a painful process for you...
We inspire different ways of thinking, acting and behaving. And that leads to results...
If you're shaping up for the future, some things about your organisation will probably need to change...